No time to blog!
Amazing how people find time to blog so much... think I'll make my blogging an annual event. Notice the date? :) And being the practical me, there's got to be a reason for my blog.
Last time, I tried blogging to show my mom it was easy to blog; this time round, it's to learn to add a tagboard. Evidence on LHS.
Think once in a while, Ms IT-not-so-savvy 'cher still has to learn and keep up with the kids. I hate it that we all have to upgrade so much, under the cover that we have to make lessons "more interesting" and attract the students to learn. Online discussion forums, blogs, class webpgs, FAQ forum, massive use of IT in lessons...SLOW DOWN man!
Poor old teachers had to pick up powerpoint and emailing, but when it came to our batch, it's flash and dreamweaver and blackboard and knowledge forums and video editing and applets... and the list goes on... and the list goes on... Poor us, and the older teachers who are still around in schools. For someone like me who is an average user of IT, and finding so much difficulty already, what more the older folks?
"Attract the students, and enhance learning with IT"... seems more like distract the students and "enhance" workload of teachers.
And then there is the issue of lesson plans... super, mega detailed ones... or should I say MICRO-detailed lesson plans... sometimes, the emphasis on them makes teaching seem so insignificant. We are graded on the actual handling of class and lesson, BUT equally much, if not more, on the lesson plans! I understand the rationale for beginning teachers to have concrete lesson plans... but to enforce it for 10 weeks, everyday and for every lesson of practicum??!
Students should all have a 1 week stint at NIE or something, then they will appreciate their teachers' efforts and tests better. One takeaway for us ALL -- Mugging and taking a test is MUCH MUCH easier than setting a paper, trust me.
1615hr already! I've overtyped my quota! Back to writing lesson plans and making/marking test papers.
Owell, now i know how people can blog so much. Its just all the gripe inside. Wonder when I will be back for updates... for my loyal few readers, I'll try to be back soon, so cya on the tag board. :)

4 Comments:
where got tag board? TBF!!!
Errr... it's on the LHS mah! 4cm by 10 cm leh, not that microscopic wat...
nuh uh. don't see any tag board. have u tried viewing with another comp?
Weird... it's there wat! N ah mei used it too!
Post a Comment
<< Home